California Residential Mitigation Program (“CRMP”)
Social Media Guidelines
The purpose of these CRMP Social Media Guidelines (“Guidelines”) is to facilitate the communication between staff and the public regarding CRMP initiatives, programs and other agency information. CRMP welcomes comments and opinions that relate to relevant topics and issues pertaining to the work undertaken by CRMP across its social media platforms. By facilitating such communication, CRMP does not intend to create a public or designated public forum by which visitors may address unrelated comments or concerns.
By engaging with official CRMP social media pages or in response to CRMP-generated postings, including advertisements, users agree to abide by the terms and conditions of these Guidelines, and gives express permission to the CRMP to monitor, filter, and/or remove content found in violation of these Guidelines. CRMP reserves the right to monitor, filter, and remove any content (text, links, video, etc.) that is deemed inappropriate, including but not limited to, content that is:
- Not related to the posted topic in question or is otherwise deemed non-constructive to the existing discussion.
- Found to promote, foster, or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
- Disruptive or factually inaccurate and content that compromises public safety or operations.
- Harassing, threatening, abusive or vulgar (including personal attacks or comments disparaging an individual or group based on ethnicity, race, gender, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation) which invades the personal privacy of any individual.
- Advertising or spam, including any link to another website.
- Infringing on a copyright or other proprietary right.
- Contrary to applicable state or federal law or that encourages any kind of illegal activity.
- Promoting obscene, violent, sexual or pornographic content and/or language.
- Posted with external links leading to any of the above listed inappropriate forms of content.
- Defamatory or is otherwise deemed to be a personal attack about CRMP employees.
Users that repeatedly post on CRMP’s social media pages in a manner that is inappropriate and in violation of the express limitations imposed by these Guidelines, may be temporarily blocked from posting on CRMP-affiliated social media sites. If any user is temporarily blocked from posting on CRMP-affiliated social media sites, they will be alerted to the reasons why electronically. CRMP will keep a log of all offending content that has been removed from its social media pages in violation of these Guidelines.
It is understood that social media is a 24/7 medium; however, our moderation capabilities are not. CRMP may not see every inappropriate comment right away, and we are trusting in the maturity of our community to ignore personal attacks and negative speech until it’s been reviewed and/or removed. Please be aware that all CRMP social media pages are subject to the California Public Records Act.
All content provided by the CRMP on all social media sites is protected by American and worldwide copyright laws and treaty provisions and other relevant intellectual property rights. No content, including but not limited to text, photographs, or videos posted by the CRMP may be copied, reposted, or used in any other context without the explicit permission of the CRMP. Any such use may be treated as a copyright violation and the CRMP may enforce its rights to the fullest extent of the law.
External, non-CRMP links on our social media sites do not constitute official.